Employment Opportunities at TRL
Design Engineer/Tooling Engineer – Aerospace
Touchstone Research Laboratory is growing rapidly and is seeking highly skilled Tooling Design Engineers for its Advanced Composites Organization located outside Wheeling WV. For over 30 years Touchstone has been inventing and patenting game-changing technologies and this group is in the process of reinventing how carbon fiber aircraft parts are made.
The ideal candidate will:
- Design tooling and equipment to be used in the manufacture of composite parts / assemblies for aerospace manufacturing using Solid Works and other software systems.
- Provide complete tooling concepts from basic engineering surfaces and customer Statement of Work.
- Provide complete tool models and designs for manufacturing a finish product.
- Be a well rounded professional who thoroughly understands the manufacturing processes and end uses of our products.
- Be willing to help out wherever needed.
- The ideal candidate will possess the skills above and be willing to work on off hours and weekends on occasions as work loads vary.
- Create tool designs from customer supplied part models and specifications.
- Internally interface with Project Manager, Manufacturing, and Inspection.
- Import and analyze customer’s engineered surface and create needed tooling following the statement of work.
- Create and release designs / models with a concurrent design build philosophy.
- Generate and supply data / drawings for off-site fabrication.
- Track, prioritize, and estimate progress on tasks.
- Work seamlessly with all team members as well as other teams within the organization.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering is preferred, but not required.
- Hands on experience with modeling software, specifically Solid Works is a must Working knowledge of CATIA or other modeling system is a plus.
- Familiarity with standard composite molding and fixturing is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of different types of tooling including, but not limited to assembly fixtures, vacuum trim fixtures, mechanical clamping trim fixtures, traditional composite and metal mold tools, high temperature mold tools, room temperature mold tools.
- Ability to work from blueprints, 3D model, and customer specifications to produce a complete design to release to manufacturing.
- Ability to work in a team environment is a must.
Please send your résumé to: email@example.com or call 304.547.5800 extension 303.
Touchstone Research Laboratory does not discriminate, or allow discrimination, on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.