Touchstone was the central characterization laboratory in the TMCTECC program. Members included: Pratt & Whitney, GE, Howmet, 3M, Textron, ARC.
The following examples illustrate some of our contributions to this business sector:
- Failure analysis of rocket engines.
- Mechanical testing of TMC/MMC Composites (NASP).
- Co-authorship of papers on composites characterization.
- Investigation of influence of paint removal systems on fatigue life.
- Measurement of fatigue life properties of aluminum.
- Chaired committee and wrote initial drafts for test methods for composites.
- High temperature testing of refractory metal, rocket engine materials.
- Development of a non-contact measurement system for mechanical testing.
- Damage assessment after impact in composites.
- Development of polymer composite materials database.
- Investigative jet engine failure analyses/materials characterizations.
- Development of water-jet, paint stripping technology.
- Performance of qualification work for Air Force applications.
- Building of specialty test apparatus to evaluate new thermal protection systems.
- Product improvement and qualification testing of aircraft aluminum.
- Development of technology to improve aircraft aluminum fatigue life.
- Research, development and extensive testing of metal matrix composites.
- Research and Development of advanced foams for spacecracft thermal protection systems.
- Touchstone was the central characterization laboratory in the TMCTECC program. Members included: Pratt & Whitney, GE, Howmet, 3M, Textron, ARC.
- Over 10 years of Space Shuttle materials qualification and problem solving.
- Assistance in the development of new ablative material for the space shuttle SRB.
The above examples are only a sample of our work in this area. We would be pleased to provide any additional information you may require.
We also invite you to review examples on our website of work that we have performed in support of other business.
More Example Reviews
To review more examples, please select from the following menu: